Friday, October 21, 2011

First try at the train..not my most successful day

Today  tried to navigate the train system by myself. I was pretty confident at the beginning but it turned out to be a disaster. I was going to meet Steve at an out of town meeting where he was staying overnight. He went by car in the morning and I decided to take the train later in the afternoon.  It was suppose to be 45 minute train ride and a 20 minute walk but the train ride alone was about an hour and a half.  When I got off the train it was like I had gotten dropped off in the middle of a big mall. There were no pedestrian walk ways and no cabs anywhere. I don't have a cell phone that works here so I found a free wifi and was emailing back and forth with Steve to pick me up. Unfortunatey neither one of us knew where the other person was. So after 2 frustrating hours of being lost I headed back on a train to the apartment. 

I think the problem was a case of the blind leading the blind. I was going to Leuven and Steve told me that I would also see it written as Louvain. So I got off the train at Louvain which is a completely different town. So lesson learned, neither of us know where we are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment