Monday, November 7, 2011

Where we live

I've had people ask about where we live, so I thought I would share more about our place and the area that we live in. Our place is a one bedroom apartment with one and a half baths. The building is also a hotel, so we've got some of the perks of a hotel like a person who cleans our place on Fridays, and also a front desk person during business hours. Its nice but simple. It reminds me of an Ikea showroom.
The Dining room with our "office" against the wall

Our kitchen

The Living room


One of the things that I really like about our place is that we have a small balcony that looks out over the street. It gives us some good people watching, and also some great natural light into the apartment.
This is the view from our balcony on the left hand side, the building closest to us is the Radisson, the further one is a Parliament building

The view on the right hand side of our balcony




I'm really happy with our location, its a busier area with a lot of activity. At the end of the street is an area called Place Jordan.  In Place Jordan are the Parliament buildings, a couple of restaurants/bars  and a market. When I walk down to Place Jordan, I pass by other restaurants, a market, my favorite coffee shop and one of the train stations. If I ever decide to go riding around Brussels just down the street there is one of those bike rental/sharing places like they have in downtown Minneapolis. You can pick up a bike at one of these locations and then return the bike to any of the additional locations around the city. Of course I don't expect that I'll ride a bike here as I know I will most definitely get hit by a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment